(For general public and those who need SSL hours)
To inquire about volunteer opportunities, feel free to contact any member of the Executive Committee or General Board of Directors or you can attend one of our regularly scheduled Board meetings that occur the at 7pm on the first Monday of each month at Bowie City Hall.
(Required for registered families)
As with many volunteer organizations that benefit our children and community, the successful operation of South Bowie Boys and Girls Club (SBBGC) depends on volunteers. We have volunteer needs for tasks that include parent representative-team manager, uniform organization and distribution, equipment management, concessions, fundraising projects, serving on the board of directors, coaching, helping to coordinate events (e.g. Bowie Fest, Sport Camps, Back 2 School Fair), etc. If the volunteer work is spread out amongst all teams, then the goal of the club to keep fees low for our programs can be accomplished. Our board and current volunteers are balancing their volunteer work with full-time occupations. There are simply not enough words to adequately thank those who help. One of the keys to the success of SBBGC is the effectiveness of the volunteer staff. As we continue to grow, your help, input, and experience as a volunteer is essential to enhancing our programming. The club has set mandatory guidelines to distribute this workload. Opportunities to fulfill your volunteer requirement will be broadcast via club-wide emails throughout the season.
3 hours per season per family with $50.00 buyout option
Volunteer Opportunities with SBBGC
- Parent representative/team manager
- Uniform organization and distribution
- Equipment management
- Fundraising projects
- Serving on the board of directors
- Website updating
- Helping coordinate events
- Much more (contact us to find out about other opportunities)
Policies & Procedures
- The volunteer time required per family is 3 hours per season.
- Families may elect to pay the full $50.00 volunteer fee and buyout the 3 hour volunteer commitment.
- This volunteer requirement is not transferable between families.
- Volunteer hours will not be carried over from one season to the next.
- The tracking and recording of hours served by each family will be managed by a team volunteer overseeing the process.
- Volunteer hours are to be completed by adults (minimum age 14).
- Failure to perform volunteer hours will prohibit family member(s) from participating in SBBGC activities.