Welcome to the South Bowie Boys & Girls Club Soccer Program
Hello South Bowie Boys & Girls Club (SBBGC) Soccer families!
I am Chester Hicks, Jr. your SBBGC Soccer Commissioner. I appreciate the opportunity to volunteer my time to serve your families and I welcome you to join me in volunteering to work with SBBGC Soccer.
SBBGC Soccer will provide teams for county soccer which allow a novice child to play soccer in a competitive Prince Georges County Boys & Girls Club League (PGCBGC) and also fosters continued development for our veteran players. We will also offer travel teams in an elevated league for players ages 10 and older for our more experienced players.
Tryouts for the Travel Soccer Leagues will be announced. Notifications for official practices for registered players will be sent out once rosters are formed.
SBBGC Soccer has always produced a great team of coaches and quality soccer players. If you are new to the SBBGC Soccer family, get excited! You are in for a positive experience for you and your child. One of our goals for SBBGC Soccer is to provide quality soccer at a reasonable cost that families can afford without having to pay thousands of dollars at other independent soccer clubs.
To provide world class youth soccer program environment that enriches the lives of its participants through instruction, inspiration, and promotion.
To develop and deliver a quality youth soccer program that promotes a love of the game and sportsmanship while creating future opportunities for the organizations participants.
Basic Organizational Philosophies:
- Everyone Plays: The program’s goal is for every player to learn and play.
- Balanced Teams: Maintain balance between teams. It is the organizations job to create the most fair and competitive environment for all of our teams. This will be governed through our new player evaluation process.
- Open Registration: Our program registration is open to all children between the ages of 5 and 18 years of age. Interest and enthusiasm are the only requisites for playing this great game.
- Positive Coaching: A high level of coaching is the foundation in which we will grow and expand support of this program. Each coach is expected to become a certified coach so they can better instruct our organization’s participants. Each coach is encouraged to leverage the “T-I-P” method of instruction (Teach-Inspire-Promote) to afford our communities children future opportunities in life and athletics.
- Good Sportsmanship: Each Coaching Staff will strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect, rather than a win at all costs attitude. Our program will be designed to instill good sportsmanship and a realistic approach to life in every facet of SBBGC Soccer. Win gracefully and learn to lose with dignity.
Commissioner Contact Info: Chester Hicks, Jr. – firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-641-7443
“Success is no accident.
It is hard work, perseverance, learning,
studying, sacrifice and most of all,
love of what you are doing or learning to do.”
Please click the links below to view each team’s staff information and season schedules.
Our PGCBGC leagues had an awesome Fall season. Our U7, U8, U10, U11, and U12 teams all played for the PGCBGC championship titles. This yielded 2 PGCBGC championships for our U7 coed lead by Coach Aquilina Thurston/Coordinator Shreaka Jackson and U10 boys lead by Coach Mustapha Gherbi/Assistant Oscar Quintanilla.
Last Spring & Fall 2014, the SBBGC Sharks rising U9s (Spring) and rising U10s (Fall) competed in the AAYSA League. Under the direction of Coach Conrad Davids & Assistant David Miller (Spring) and current Coach Harold Watson and Assistant David Miller (Fall) triumphed and won their respective Divisions title! Also, our rising U12 boys under the leadership of Coaches Travis Smith and Glenn Woodley Jr. played in AAYSA for the first time this past Fall and finished in second place.
This Spring 2015 season there will be 3 South Bowie (SBBGC) teams playing in the AAYSA League: Our Rising U10s; Rising U12s; Rising U14s.
WINTER SOCCER REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN IN LATE OCTOBER!
Also the club will start winter training for local indoor leagues for coaches interested in continuing their players development.
SBBGC Soccer is a partnership between the coaches, players, and their parents and our goal is to help develop the children’s physical fitness, personal well being, and leadership character. This is a great opportunity for new collegiate soccer player graduates or either newly USYSA licensed coaches (i.e. E-licensed), experienced coaches, or certified parent coaches seeking to foster the development of an already talented group of players who will one day be engaging in more competitive levels of play.